Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Glitterati: Gold sees gains as a top trend in jewelry and designer fashion in 2012

E MARANS SUNBURST
Gold has been getting a lot of buzz lately in the financial markets, but a trend isn't officially a trend until the tastemakers at the designer fashion shows put it on their catwalks. Based on a runway report in Women's Wear Daily this week, it's safe to say gold is a wise investment to make in your accessories wardrobe right now. The leaders in fashion banged a drum for a gilded age this coming Fall: tops at Ralph Lauren and Theyskens' Theory, bottoms by Matthew Williamson and Dsquared2 and dresses at Giambattista Valli and Lanvin glittered in varying degrees of gold. Perhaps it's the comfort in wearing a classic precious metal that stands the test of time or wishful thinking that a retro-Dynasty moment is waiting beyond the economic recovery, but fashion is hot for gold. To me, gold is a source of loving inspiration because it's the material favored by my late father, a well-regarded jeweler who designed for classic accessories houses like Tiffany and Harry Winston in the 1970s. He created many elegant pieces that I regard as a high standard for my approach to fine jewelry design. My signature for E MARANS is raw gemstones in bold statement silhouettes, but when I work in gold, my mood is more subdued and romantic. The C Bracelet, which I offer in yellow, white and rose gold, is an open-ended, minimalist piece that can be layered for a chic, high-fashion effect. To build on the gilded statement, I created gold hoops with diamonds that can be personalized with collectible diamond charms. If you favor pendants, my Sunburst necklace is a sure-fire winner in yellow gold embellished with white and yellow diamonds. It has a medallion feel to it that draws the eye and brings a smile, which we all can certainly use more of these days.
E MARANS C BRACELETS        


E MARANS CHARM HOOPS

No comments:

Post a Comment