Friday, March 23, 2012

Getting my kicks at Punch Fitness Center



They don’t call New York City the concrete jungle for nothing. It is arguably the most fast-paced, high-stakes place in the world where stress levels are at a perennial high. As a jewelry designer, I love every minute of it and thrive on the inspiration I get from the city’s energy. However, all that stimulation can overload my system and I need to find time to put the sketch pad down and recharge my battery. One of the best places to get the adrenaline pumping and clear the head is Punch Fitness Center, a popular kick-boxing studio located in the Upper East Side.

Punch Fitness Center  was founded by Adelino DaCosta, a former national kick-boxing champion, and offers a very personalized approach to fitness training that inspires and challenges me to reach my full potential. Proof of this can be found on Punch’s photo gallery, which includes several images of yours truly getting put through my paces by my amazing trainer, Adelino. I love the variety of workouts they offer. Members are anything but bored in their classes, which include boxing, Capoeira, weight training and cardio machines. Punch sets the fitness standard high, but as the old saying goes: no guts, no glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment